2017 Spirit of Tasmania Cycling Tour
07–07 Nov 2017
The Spirit of Tasmania Cycling Tour is returning to Tasmania and George Town Council is proud to be a sponsor of the event.
George Town will be hosting Stage 1 of the event. Come along and support Australia's top cyclists and our up and coming cycling stars of the future.
TUESDAY 7th NOVEMBER 2017
Race Start time : 10.30am
PRE EVENT ACTIVITIES FROM 9.45am IN REGENT SQUARE
At 9.45am in Regent Square, there will be loads of free pre event activities including -
DECORATED BIKE COMPETITION
Young members of our community are invited to decorate their bike to win some cool prizes. Use your imagination to create a colourful bike display. Competitors will be placed in one of two categories - 3 to 6 year old, and 7 to 10 year old. The competition will be judged by members of the cycling tour.
Download the entry form, or pick up a copy from Neighbourhood House, the Community Hub or George Town Council. Registrations will be taken on the day from 8.30am. Get Creative and have fun decorating your bike !
Open to all ages, we will be asking you to use your imagination and take some great shots throughout the morning of Stage 1. Photos can include the pre event activities, race start, or the cyclists as they make their way out of George Town.
Simply message or email your photos through to win some great prizes.
Other activities to be held on the day include -
- Chalk drawings and messages for the competitors in Anne Street
- Athlete Meet and Greet
- Banner competition (details to be provided)
- Police - bike safety awareness
Local cafe’s will be open for you to enjoy a leisurely breakfast while you wait the mornings activities, or enjoy a BBQ breakfast in Regent Square.
Note: The Anne Street carpark and BWS carpark will be closed to the public from 8.00am
Temporary Road Closure and Car Parking
- Residents and motorists are advised that Anne Street, between Macquarie Street & Cimitiere Street, will be closed to through traffic between the hours of 8am and 11am.
- Anne Street Carpark wil be closed for parking during this period. Parking will be accessible through the Elizabeth Street Carpark and Macquarie Street