Visit the Region

Contact Us

Am I entitled to a rates remission?

Under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1993, a ratepayer may apply to a council for remission of all or part of the rates paid or payable.

To be entitled to apply, the Local Government (Rates and Charges Remissions) Act 1991 requires that a ratepayer must be an eligible pensioner and must occupy the property as his or her principle dwelling on or prior to 1 July of the rating year.

To be an eligible pensioner you must have:

  • A Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card OR
  • A Department of Veteran's Affairs Repatriation Health "Gold Card" which bears the inscription "War Widow " or "TPI".
  • Applications for rates remissions must be received by council no later than 31 March of the year in which the rates are calculated.

0.0645 s - Server Process Time

cache - Request Source

165 - Resource ID