Business Information Session | George Town Mountain Bike Trail Development
03–03 Dec 2020
An information session for existing and prospective businesses looking to capitalise on the mountain bike trails.
Business Information Session - George Town Mountain Bike Trail Development
Thursday 3rd December 2020 4:00 - 5:30PM
Are you an existing or prospective business looking to capitalise on the mountain bike trails?
George Town Council invites both existing and current business owners to come along and gain an understanding of how businesses can maximise the opportunities associated with being a mountain biking destination.
The session will be run in "World Cafe" style, meaning there will be seven tables set up, each with a different topic and facilitated by an industry expert.
The topics will be:
- Table 1 - Who are mountain bikers and what are they after? Facilitated by Georgie Brown from Northern Tasmania Development Corporation
- Table 2 - Social media and marketing to the MTB market. Facilitated by Rob King from Kingthing Marketing
- Table 3 - MTB Related Business Opportunities - What has and hasn't worked. Facilitated by Kevin turner from Regional Development Australia (Tasmania)
- Table 4 - Preparing your business for the MTB market. Facilitated by Sam Denmead from Green Hat Tourism and Mountain Biking Network Tasmania
- Table 5 - The George Town MTB Trail Maintenance Funding Program. Facilitated by Peter Rickards from the George Town Council
- Table 6 – How to start or diversify your business. Facilitated by The Van Diemen Project
- Table 7 – Tourism basics for business. Facilitated by Visit Northern Tasmania.
At each table you'll hear insights offered by the facilitator in a focused 10minute discussion before moving to the next table and topic. Numbers are strictly limited due to social distancing, and additional sessions may be considered if demand exists. BOOK HERE