George Town Council offers employment in a diverse range of areas from Parks/Gardens, Work Crews, Building Surveying, Town Planning, Finance, Administration, to name just a few. This diversity means there’s a job to suit just about everyone’s personal tastes!
Executive Director – George Town Collective Impact Initiative
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 + Statutory Entitlements
Employment Type: Grant Funded 24 Month Contract – Full Time (Negotiable)
A rare and exciting opportunity exists to join with the George Town Council and Future Impact Leadership Table to drive a new Collective Impact initiative in the George Town Municipality.
The municipality of George Town is situated in the North Eastern region of the Tamar Valley and is a place of exquisite beauty and opportunity, steeped in history, dotted with towering lighthouses and spectacular coastline, and boasting crayfish, yachting, diving, wineries and whiskey distilleries, and diverse and visible flora and fauna. The region offers enormous possibilities to explore a breath-taking natural, historic, and cultural environment, in a beautiful climate.
In 2016 over 70 community representatives from across the municipality, including business, service providers, not-for-profits, government, and volunteer groups joined together for a ‘Your Voice. Your Choice. Our future’ workshop. This workshop identified key areas of interest that could be developed to lift all of George Town and see the municipality and its people achieve their full potential. A Future Impact Group, and subsequently a Future Impact Leadership Table emerged to harness all these community voices into a Collective Impact Initiative. With funding and administrative support from multiple stakeholders, including the Tasmanian State Government, George Town Council, Beacon Foundation, and others, the Future Impact Table is now ready to bring on board an Executive Director to drive its Collective Impact Vision.
About the Role and You
George Town’s Collective Impact journey is recent and evolving. It is intended that you and your role as the Collective Impact Leader role will evolve as this Collective Impact initiative matures. You will broadly undertake the core activities common to Backbone roles in the Collective Impact Methodology. It may be that you have knowledge but no direct experience of Collective Impact, but have the right attitude, skills or similar experiences for the role.
The purpose of this role is to lead, facilitate and support the cross-sector collaboration and learning needed to achieve the community’s goals. You will
- Be a visible leader who empowers community members and is committed to social justice and equality.
- Be capable of guiding the development of the vision and strategy of the FILT.
- Support and enable members of the FILT and the broader Future Impact initiative to achieve the goals of the people of the George Town Municipality.
- Build the continuous communication strategy and process to ensure that many collaborators, partners, and stakeholders are connected to and engaged with this Collective Impact initiative.
- Establish common measurements and metrics to enable the FILT to determine priorities for action and to assess the success of the Collective Impact Initiative.
- Lead, coordinate, and/or conduct data collection and research relevant to the Collective Impact effort.
- Convene and facilitate stakeholder learning and practice change across government, non-profits, philanthropists, and citizens, to achieve measurable progress towards strategic goals.
- Network and build engagement and public goodwill in the Collective Impact initiative.
- Champion and assist in the development of policy that progresses the Collective Impact initiative in the George Town Municipality.
- Seek and mobilise funding, talent and other resources to deliver the purposes of the FILT.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you and you would like to know more, obtain an information pack with position description, selection criteria, and information on George Town and Collective Impact, or to apply, please contact us on the below details. The applications period will close at 5:00pm, 13 February 2020.
Manager – People, Performance and Governance
George Town Council
Ph: 03 6382 8800
This application process and position is administered by the George Town Council on behalf of and in partnership with the George Town Future Impact Leadership Table.
: Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.