Kerbside Bin Collection Days
Household garbage is collected weekly in all areas. Recycling is collected fortnightly in all areas.
The bins must be placed at the kerbside prior to 6am on the day of collection (see your calendar), or the night before. Pickup will occur between 6am and 5pm, and bins should be returned to your property as soon as practical after collection, to avoid vandalism or theft.
Recycling is collected on the same day as your garbage collection.
- Monday - Lulworth, Weymouth & Bellingham
- Tuesday - Beechford, Lefroy, Mt Direction, Pipers River & Pipers Brook
- Monday - Low Head, Bell Buoy Beach & Hillwood
- Tuesday - George Town (north of York Rivulet)
- Wednesday - George Town (south of York Rivulet)
What should not go in your bin:
Side-loader trucks with mechanical arms require your bin to be placed clear of obstructions in a suitable location. This includes placing your wheelie bin no closer to your recycle bin than 1m, and ensuring that your bin is not over full. The wheels of the bin must be facing away from the kerb and it must be on level ground. In some small cul-de-sacs, it may be necessary to place the bins together at the entrance to the cul-de-sac where the road is usually a bit straighter, as the mechanical arm may not be able to reach bins placed on the curved parts of the kerb.
A magnetic calendar showing all collection dates, as well as your collection day, is available by contacting Council on 6382 8800
- General Residential Garbage Collection
- Residential Kerbside Recycling Collection
- Rubbish Collection FAQ's
- 2017/2018 Garbage & Recycling Collection Calendar (PDF)
- Damaged Bin Repair Form
- Issue of New Waste Containers (PDF). Please note: Personal signature is required before submission.
Waste Management Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS).