How do I control weeds?
There are a number of key steps to successful weed control:
- Plan weed control activities carefully.
- Find out the different options for weed rmoval before starting.
- Make weed control activities strategic - start in areas that have few weeds and gradually work in towards the main infestations.
- Concentrate on clearing weeds from areas that are mostly in good condition.
- Be prepared to sustain the effort. You could actually make the problem worse by clearing too much too soon and not doing enough follow-up work.
- Get adjacent land managers to work together to eradicate the weeds.