How to Plan A Community Event
Event ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. They can originate from within our community or be hosted by an external operator. Events could feature music, food, and wine, arts, craft, local markets, health and wellbeing, sports, heritage and culture, wildlife, or the environment.
To begin, below are direct links to the event planning process. Should you have any questions or wish to discuss an event idea please do not hesitate to contact Council on 6382 8800
- Event Planning
- Permits, Plans, and Other Applications
- Event Grants, Sponsorship, and Fee Remissions
- Venue Hire
Our role as a Council is not to just run our own events, but to provide support to those who wish to host one. At Council, we assess your external event opportunities to determine the economic, tourism, destination, and promotional outcomes.
Support and approval will be given to organisers that can provide evidence that their event may/will:
- Generate increased visitation and economic yields,
- Positively promote the image of the George Town municipal area
- Utilise municipal area facilities as event venues,
- Activate the retail precinct.
- Fill gaps in the existing events calendar, particularly during the offseason