Community Consultation - Regent Square’s Band Rotunda Placement
12 Feb 2020
Council would like to thank the community for their participation in the Regent Square Revised Design community consultation held yesterday, the 12th February 2020, in Regent Square between 3pm-6pm. Council was delighted with the level of participation and feedback received from a very broad section of our community. Council would also like to thank the Regent Square Master Plan Reference Group for their participation in this project, their input has been instrumental in the development of the foundation of the master plan on which the community has been able to build their vision for the future design of Regent Square.
Council acknowledges the high volume of feedback regarding the removal of the band rotunda in the revised design and have decided to give the community the opportunity to choose where they would like to see the rotunda placed, either inside or outside of Regent Square, in consideration with the new design. Designer Leon Lange, has provided the new design plan for Regent Square illustrating the possible four locations for the band rotunda as described below;
- Keep the rotunda (fit for purpose as a band rotunda)as is in its existing location Position A
- Move the rotunda to Position B (fit for purpose as a band rotunda with the inclusion of seating).
- Move the rotunda to Position C (with the inclusion of seating and tables for the purpose of an undercover BBQ area)
- Move the rotunda to Position D (with the inclusion of seating and tables for the purpose of an undercover BBQ area)
- Move the rotunda to a location outside of Regent Square but within George Town, with the inclusion of seating and tables for the purpose of an undercover BBQ area
- Lauriston Park
- Windmill Point
- Low Head – East Beach
- York Cove
Please submit your response to email@example.com or by post to George Town Council, Regent Square Band Rotunda Consultation 14-18 Anne Street George Town by close of business 5pm on 22nd February.