15 Dec 2022
On Friday the 9th of December 2022, we celebrated Christmas as a community; for the first time, there were market stalls, food vans, dance performances and family activities which perfectly complimented our annual Christmas Parade, Carols and pictures with Santa.
For this year’s Christmas Parade we had 18 floats, including newcomers Reel Game Boats & Trailers and Send It Shuttles. The winner of the floats goes to:
- Best Themed Float – Reel Games Boats & Trailers
- Best Walking Entry – South George Town Primary School
- Most Entertaining – Bee Bop Dance Studio
- Encouragement Award – George Town Hospital
- Best Band – St Patrick’s College Drumline
Thank you to Cr Mason, Cr Ashley and Deputy Mayor Cr Dawson for judging this year’s parade and Marie Woolnough for MCing the Christmas Carnival.
A big thank you to everyone who attended, we hope you had lots of fun! We wish everyone a very merry Christmas.