Permits, Plans and other Applications
What do you need to submit an application to host an event?
As outlined in the Event Planning Toolkit, events on Council-owned land or one that involves street closures in the George Town Council area will require event planning documents submitted to Council for review and approval.
The applications you may need to submit can depend on where you will be hosting the event, the risks involved, or if you plan on serving or selling food or beverages, to name a few.
Below are a number of documents that will aid in your planning, available to view online and download.
- Event Planning Toolkit
- Event Application Form
- Event Site Plan
- Risk Assessment Matrix and Plan
- Emergency Management Plan
- COVID-19 Work Safe Event Plan
- Road Closure Application Form
- Temporary Place of Assembly Application
- Temporary Occupancy Permit Application
- Waste Management Plan - Rethink Waste Tasmania
- Application for Temporary Food Licence
- Temporary Food Guidelines
- Alcohol - Application Request to Serve
- Alcohol - Application Request to Sell
Should you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Council on 6382 8800