Visit the Region

Contact Us

What happens if I don't pay my rates?

Council can charge interest on any outstanding amounts, at the rate set each year by Council in the Rates Resulotion.

If rates are not paid for a period exceeding three years, the council may sell a property or part of a property to recover the unpaid rates. The council can sell it by public auction or by direct sale.

If the owner of a property cannot be found, the council may apply to have that property transferred to the council

0.0643 s - Server Process Time

cache - Request Source

168 - Resource ID