The Bell Bay Industrial Precinct located five kilometres from George Town represents an exceptional opportunity for business to establish, relocate or expand thier operations. The land is strategically positioned, well serviced and ideal for industrial development with the key features of the site as follows:
- an established and diversified business base with opportunities for all sizes of industry
- a stable, multi-skilled, advanced and technically proficient workforce that has a track record of dealing with the complexities and requirements of multi-national companies
- close proximity to main transport systems: road, sea, rail and air
- adjacent to a major deep water port which handles domestic and international bulk goods as well as container services
- excellent connectivity to services (electricity, water, gas, and the national broadband network)
- appropriately zoned land at competitive prices
- a supportive and proactive local Council with a 'can do' attitude
The Bell Bay Industrial Precinct provides extensive portions of flat and accessible land with sufficient buffers from residential areas. The size of land allotments varies considerably with parcels ranging from less than one hectare to well in excess of one hundred hectares. There are primarily five different zonings:
- Light Industrial - equipment and machinery sales and hire, service industry, storage, research and development, transport depot, utilities.
- General Industrial - equipment and machinery sales and hire, recycling and waste disposal, storage, manufacturing and processing, research and development, resource processing, transport depot and distribution, utilities.
- Rural resource - business and professional services, domestic animal breeding and boarding, community meeting and entertainment, crematoria and cemeteries, extractive industries, food services, hotel industry, resource development, resource planning, sports and recreation, visitor accommodation.
- Utilities - recycling and waste disposal, transport depot and distribution, utilities, vehicle parking.
- Port and marine - emergency services, port and shipping, storage, transport depot and distribution, utilities, vehicle parking.
For any further information please contact Council on (03) 6382 8800 or email email@example.com