Emergency Management Information
Community Safety and Emergency Management
Tasmania, from time-to-time experiences bushfires, floods and other natural disasters that have major impacts on communities, the economy and the environment. Emergencies can happen at any time and can have a big effect on your life.
Communications during disaster periods are managed and monitored for relevance and are given top priority during any type of disaster event. Council disseminates information from authorised agents only. Regular, up to date, and accurate information is supplied during a disaster via social media, website and media alerts.
View George Town Council's Emergency Management Plan
- TasAlert: The Tasmanian Government’s official emergency information source, including maps and current incidents in Tasmania. View HERE
- ABC Radio: Emergency Broadcasting 91.7FM
NEED ASSISTANCE DURING A FLOOD OR STORM
- State Emergency Service (SES): Information about what SES do, resources, and how to get involved. Requests for assistance during flood or storm. Phone: 132 500 View HERE
EMERGENCIES - CALL 000
- Tasmania Police: Police Assistance Line for non emergencies 131 444 View HERE
- Ambulance Tasmania: Provide emergency ambulance care and transport services. View HERE
- Tasmania Fire Service: Fire danger ratings, fire bans and permits, bushfire preparation, act & survive, bushfire ready neighbourhoods. View HERE
Have you made a bushfire plan? Create now with the Tasmania Fire Service HERE
National Relay Service: Australia wide phone service for people who are deaf or find it hard to hear or speak to hearing people on the phone. Phone 1800 555 660 View website HERE