Contracts and Tendering
CONTRACTS WITH COUNCIL
Council endeavours to use local contractors where ever possible, if you wish to start contracting for Council please find below a check list to cover off on Council requirements.
- Public Liability Insurance - Minimum of $10 million
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Professional Indemnity - Minimum of $5 million (if required)
- Completed the online Contractor Induction Program on Councils website
- Work, Health & Safety Procedures (For example, safe work method statements, job safety analysis) (where required)
- Appropriate personal protective equipment
- Approriate licences for work to be completed (For example, chain saw, truck)
If you interested in more information or registering to Contract for Council please email firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software, Implementation and Integration Support Services RFP ERP 04/22
Vendors are invited to participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) for the provision of ERP software, implementation and integration of support services for George Town Council.
The RFP document outlines all instructions for the process, the requirements and the timeline for the return of proposals.
Section 5.1 of the RFP details the key dates associated with the RFP process and proposals must be received no later than 2.00 pm Friday 8th April 2022 and must be clearly labelled RFP ERP 04/22 and may be:
- Placed in a sealed envelope in the tender box at the Council Office, 16-18 Anne Street, George Town;
- Posted to P.O. Box 161, George Town 7253; or
- Emailed to email@example.com
AWARDED TENDERS AND CONTRACTS
Council Resolution 041/22 - Ordinary Council Meeting 22 March 2022
- Awarded Contract 01/22 Design and Construct Drainage Systems George Town Sports Complex Football & Cricket Ovals to the Baker Group Pty Ltd for the lump sum price of $666,890.06 excluding GST.
Council Resolution 201/21 - Ordinary Council Meeting 21st December 2021
- That Council enter into a new contract number RFT 07/21 with JJ's Waste & Recycling for the provision of Deomestic Kerbside General Waste Collection and Domestic Kerbside Recyclables Collection Services for a one (1) year contract commencing 1 February 2022, inclusive on an option to extend by a further one (1) year term commencing 1 February 2023; for the schedule of rates provided in Table One included in the body of the report (confidential).
RFT 06/21 - Design and Construct - Drainage and Irrigation (Hillwood) - Not Awarded
Council Resolution 169/21 - Ordinary Council Meeting 26th October 2021
- That Council award RFT 05/21 Design and Construct - Structures, to AJR Construct Pty Ltd to the value of $359,868.00 excluding GST,
- funded through Phase Three of the Commonwealths Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program;
- or through an alternate funding source as identified by the General Manager subject to approval by way of a new resolution from Council.
Council Resolution 127/21 - Ordinary Council Meeting 24th August 2021
- That Council award RFT 04/21 Design and Construct - Dalrymple Road Bridges Replacement to TasSpan Civil Contracting to the value of $777,327.97 excluding GST for their Alternative - 001 option.
Council Resolution 111/21 - Ordinary Council Meeting 27th July 2021
- Award Year 1 of Schedule 1 only of Contract 03/21 Periodic Standing Contracts 01 July 2021 to 30 June 2023 to Fulton Hogan Industries Pty Ltd to the value of $449,976.95 excluding GST.
- Award Year 2 of Schedule 1 only of Contract 03/21 Periodic Standing Contracts 01 July 2021 to 30 June 2023 to Fulton Hogan Industries Pty Ltd to the value of $450,000 excluding GST. This will be allocated in the 2022/23 financial year's draft budget to fund ongoing road resealing requirements.
Expressions of Interest - The Wild Tamar Project - CLOSED
A wonderful opportunity for prospective or existing tourism operators!
You may not be aware that Council was successful in obtaining funding to assist new start-ups or existing businesses develop new tourism offerings in the Northern Tamar Valley. As the Administrator of the funding provided by State and Federal Governments, the George Town Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from start-up or existing businesses to develop new tourism offerings in the North Tamar Valley / Tamar River Mouth areas.
Support is available to those operators requiring business diversification or start-up assistance, digital marketing, online merchant facilities, and infrastructure required to for site specific activation.
The under-utilised soft adventure opportunities the project aims to target are: -
- Boat tours that include or take advantage of the local fishing and seal colonies;
- Rock climbing and abseiling opportunities at the Hillwood Volcano rock climbing area;
- Kayaking, and other water sports like surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, and windsurfing;
- Diving, specifically departing from the eastern side of the Tamar River / kanamaluka.
Responses to the Expression of Interest will be assessed by a panel against the selection criteria. Respondents may also be required to be interviewed, and/or present to the assessment panel on their submission.
For all the information regarding the Wild Tamar Project and the EOI follow this link.
Expressions of Interest Close 11pm 21st November 2021.
Enquiries are to be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention to: Peter Rickards and Jon Herron
Expressions of Interest are to be submitted in writing to email@example.com addressed to the General Manager, Shane Power.