Do I have to license my caravan?
If you intend to place your caravan/motorhome on private land and occupy it as a residence, whether on a temporary or permanent basis, you need to have it licensed with the council.
Caravans need not be licensed if they are:
- placed on Council land appointed as a caravan park;
- situated on private land licensed by the Council as a caravan park;
- used by a travelling show person in the ordinary course of their business;
- used by Council work gangs or contractors involved in construction work for the Council;
- situated at a person's principal residence and used solely for the purpose of storage; or
- exempted by the General Manager in accordance with Council policy.