Is there any funding assistance available to help control weeds on my land?

Government, to remove them.

In Tasmania, the Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment (DPIWE) is responsible for the Weed Management Plans to control the following Weeds of National Significance:

Clarence City Council can provide further information on the Serrated Tussock Program. Ph: (03) 6245 8714

Contact Greening Australia Tasmania Inc on Ph: 03 6223 6377 for further information on Gorse, Blackberry and Willow projects.

Some other weeds, such as Rice grass, also have specific removal programs. Contact your DPIWE Regional Weed Management Officers for more information.