What if stock has strayed onto my property?

The Law of Animals Act 1962 contains provisions about what to do if the above mentioned occurs. In the first instance you should contact your local police station to let them know that you have detained a trespassing animal. Under the Animal Welfare Act 1993 there are legislation requirements about how to treat the intruding animal in your charge. You are required to take all reasonable measures to ensure that the welfare of the animal is maintained. If a more comprehensive explanation of your legal obligations and responsibilities in this situation you should contact your local animal control officer.